Sunday, October 14, 2007

Spiders in my Life

I have had two dreams in the last week about spiders. I think I know what it means after discussing it some with my sister.

First dream:

In my dream, I am walking through my house. In every room there are spiders. Big, fat spiders with huge intricate webs that span several feet. There are only one or two spiders in each room. I am trying to get to a place in my house with no spiders in it so I can sit down and relax. I opened the door to my room and I saw a big spider hanging over my bed. I didn't feel terrified, I felt more of an uneasy feeling.
I turned around and moved to walk down my hallway but there was a web spun wall to wall with a large spider in the middle of it. I stood there trying to think of how to get around it without it jumping on me. I wasn't deathly scared of it for some reason, I just didn't want it to touch me at all. I just didn't want to have anything to do with it. My dream ended with me trying to figure out how get past it.


Second Dream:

I am at my brother's house looking at this really sweet ride he had just gotten. It was a mustard yellow Ford Pinto that was pimped out. (is that prophetic? pintos making a comeback???) The car had suicide doors, crushed velvet interior, matching color dashboard and seat covers, and even some dubs. (for the uncool people, those are 20" rims) Anyway, the car isn't the point of the dream, it's just my favorite part. So, my brother had his new *sweet* ride parked in a carport that was conne
cted to a trailer that he lived in (he doesn't really live in a trailer...anymore). The carport was open in the front and back and had a wall on it opposite of where the trailer was. Kind of like this one but a wall where there isn't in the picture and minus this dumb car compared to the awesome Pinto.











Okay, so I was walking over to the driver side to get a closer look when I notice there are spiders all around me. Not hundreds, or even tens of them. Just two or three in a few strategic places where I couldn't get out. At the rear of the car was a very large spider web with a large spider sitting on it hidden underneath a little covering it had spun over itself. I knew that when I walked by it, it would jump out from its covering and attack me. I knew I definitely did not want to go that way. I started to go towards the front to try to get out that way but there was a spider hanging out there as well. Now, my back is against the wall of the carport behind and my brother is standing by the door to the trailer on the other side of the car. I was yelling to him to help me. He told me to quit being such a wuss and just walk by the spiders. But I seriously didn't want to. I wasn't scared of being hurt, I just didn't want them to touch me or jump on me. Also, they were the biggest darn spiders ever. I didn't know what to do. Either way I went, I would have to go by one of those ugly spiders. That dream ended with me standing there worrying about what to do and not being able to figure out how to handle the situation.

I am pretty sure I know what the "spiders" symbolize in my life. There are some things in my life right now that I am just not wanting to deal with. I am doing everything I can to not deal with them in fact. I don't know how to fix it so I am standing here wringing my hands saying, "Oh dear. Oh dear." like a little old lady.

1 comment:

ericaprosser said...

I have a spider too- seems to be stalking me.